Inca Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu 4 days / 3 nights
Inca Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu is a new combination, between a down hill mountain biking tour and Trekking to Machu Picchu. its a trek open to everybody, with no limitation on spaces or permits connecting the picturesque town of Ollantaytambo, Santa Maria, Santa Teresa - Cusco with Machu Picchu.
Machu Picchu means Old Mountain it is a fantastic energetic Inca temple located at 2400 meters about sea level is located on top of the mountain which belong to Vilcanota Mountain range at the beginning of the Amazonia; Machu Picchu was built as an estate for the Inca emperor Pachakutec (1438–1472). Often referred to as the "Lost City of the Incas", it is perhaps the most familiar icon of the Inca word. The Incas started building the estate around 1400, but abandoned it as an official site for the Inca rulers a century later at the time of the Spanish conquest. Although known locally, it was unknown to the outside world before being brought to international attention in 1911 by the American historian Mr. Hiram Bingham Since then, Machu Picchu has become an important tourist attraction. Machu Picchu was built in the classical Inca style, with polished dry stone walls. The most important structures are the Intihuatana (Hitching post of the Sun), the Temple of the Sun, the Room of the Three Windows, the temple of the Sun and the temple of the Condor.
Program: Multisport tour - adventure, Cultural, Archeological.
Duration: 4 Days / 3 Nights.
Group Size : 2 - 10 persons.
Frequency : All year.
Starting Point: Cusco hotel
Important: If you require assistance to purchase your air tickets from Lima to Cusco, we can assist you at this issue.
HIGHLIGHTS – INCA JUNGLE TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU
- Mountain biking to Santa Maria
- Trekking to from Maria to Santa Teresa
- Trekking from Santa Teresa to Aguas Calientes
- Machu Picchu guided tour
Full tour itinerary - Inca Jungle Bike to Machu Picchu
Day 01: Cusco - Santa Maria
We will pick you up from your hotel at 6:30am and we travel by car to Abra Malaga, along our journey we will pass picturesque rolling hills and snow-capped peaks of the Vilcanota Mountain Range. From Abra Malaga we commence ride the bicycle downwards trough the cloud forest. Until Santa Maria village.
Day 02: Santa Maria - Santa Teresa
After breakfast we commence trekking, very soon we will enter to the jungle very ease to recognized by the flora and fauna that we will see. Walking through the tropical forest, the gorgeous surroundings will provide us with many photo opportunities. We will even have a chance to visit a local Coca Plantation on the way and other type of fruit farms. At the highest point of the trail, we will come across an old Inca Trail, which is long out of use. In the afternoon we will arrive to Santa Teresa town where we have the opportunity to take baths in the natural hot springs. Accommodation in then hotel.
Day 03: Santa Teresa – Aguas Calientes
We will be in Santa Teresa at 1,900 masl. or 6,270 ft., and walk for 4 to 6 hours to Electric Power Plant, where there is a sacred ceremonial Inca site called Intiwuatana after we explore we continue by the railway to Aguas Calientes ,once we arrive in Aguas Calientes. Acomodation in the Hotel.
Day 04: Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu – Cusco.
Get up very early and after breakfast we leave our bag packs in the hotel, then we will take the firs bus for 25 minutes up to Machu Picchu, Once we arrive there, our tour guide will explain the meanings, importance and story of Machu Picchu while we tour the Machu Picchu. The tour will take about two hours approximately; after the tour you will have the option to climb up to the Huayna Picchu Mountain (check the availability) or explore by yourself and enjoy all of Machu Picchu. Afterwards, we will take a bus down to Aguas Calientes town to have lunch and in the afternoon we take the train back to Cusco arriving there late in the evening.
INCA JUNGLE TRAIL INCLUDES
- Transportation.- Tourist bus from Cusco to Santa Teresa.- Tourist train expeditions class from Aguas Calientes to Cusco.- Bus up from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- Bicycles.- Mountain bike, Equipment(Bicycles, Helmet and Gloves)
- Acommodations.- 03 night basic hotel accommodation
- Entrace Fees.- To Machu Picchu.
- Meals.- 3 breakfast.- 3 hot lunches.- 3 hot dinners; we offer vegetarian option.
- Guide.- English speaking professional guides, 2 guides over 8 people.
- Others.- First aid kit and emergency oxygen bottle. overview
What's excluded - the Inca Jungle Trail
- Sleeping bag.- can be rented in our office for US$ 15 for the entire trek (every sleeping bag is washed prior to each use).
- Breakfast.- on the first morning. Some hotels offer early morning breakfast service. If not, we stop at Calca for your breakfast and also you can buy some items for the Inca jungle trail,
- Meals.- in Aguas Calientes town on the final day you must consider a bugged of US$ 15 to 20 in average restaurant.
- Entrance.- to the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes (optional) US$ 3.
- Tips.- for the staff.
Recomended Things To Take:
- Sleeping bag (you can rent at SUNRISE office).
- Bottle of mineral water.
- Rain gear and/or plastic poncho (can be purchase in Cusco).
- Hiking boots.
- Warm jacket or fleece, t-shirts, shorts, long pants, sun hat and wool hat.
- Sun block.
- Insect repellent.
- Toilet paper and garbage bag.
- Small towel and bathing suit (hot springs optional).
- Camera, extra film and extra batteries.
- Snacks, chocolates, energy bars.
- Emergency money.
- Walking stick (optional).
For Inca Jungle Trail to Machu Picchu we require a non-refundable trek deposit of US$150 per person. The deposit can be sent by a WESTERN UNION or to our BANK ACCOUNT money transfer. This is the fastest and most secure form of payment in Peru. The money transfer should be in the name of SUNRISEPERU TREK TOUR OPERATOR E.I.R.L. Once you arrive in Cusco you must pay the remaining balance in cash prior to beginning your tour. We accept both US Dollars and Peruvian Soles (local currency).
Making a trek booking:
Prior to making a reservation with SUNRISE PERU TREK it is important to read through our FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ). This will help answer any queries that you may have about our services. In order to make a booking with our lares trek service just click on the Reservations link below.
The night before your trek there will be a pre-trek talk (briefing) in our office or in your hotel at either 6 or 7pm (exact time will be confirmed on arrival to Cusco).
MOST POPULAR TOURS
Tour Machu Piccchu
- Full Day -
This tour offers you the visit of the most important archaeological site in all of South America, Machu Picchu in a single day can tour the main places of this sanctuary